Briefly transports you to the target spot
Visitor is an equipment item in Heat Signature.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Visitor teleporter allows you to teleport anywhere in its range other than inside walls. After two seconds, you will return to where you teleported from.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- A situational tool, for when you want to safely cover distance and be back where you started from. For example, teleport into a room, kill the target, then disappear.
- Can save you from being thrown into open space or captured by a guard. If you're unconscious and being carried by a guard after using a Visitor, you'll be teleported back after the two seconds as well as conscious.
- For missions that require you to steal an item, it can be advantageous to teleport past one or more locked doors, grab the item, and be sent back to where you started.
- Visitors will drag you back even if you used the visitor less than two seconds after teleporting with another visitor. Using two visitors makes unconditional teleportations possible; Use a visitor somewhere, then within two seconds use another visitor. The first used visitor will bring you back to your starting location, and then the second visitor will bring you to where you were when you used it. This lets you travel to anywhere in range of either of your visitors.
- This tactic can be used multiple times to end in the second to last place you teleported to. Using a slipstream and more visitors allows you to make more jumps.